Wednesday, May 18, 2011

An update just for a special lady!

OCW this is for you!!

So Monday was a typical 4 week appointment with the MW. It went well! I have decided, and with approval from her, to no longer step on my scale at home, and go by their weight gain total. That's 11 lbs. Not too shabby since in the past 4 weeks, I gained about 5.5 lbs. This boy was growing and she had warned me prior to this appointment he would! She said it should slow down now, so that's ok by me.

We talked about the growing pains I've been having, and ankle swelling. My BP was 116/60, and urine great so she is not worried one bit. I also got a plan for weaning off of my happy pills. I'm scared as shit, not going to lie, but it must be done! I can do this, I know I can!

Next up.... in 4 weeks will be the rhogam shot and 1 hour glucose test. After that, I'll be going once every 2 weeks! Holy hell its flying by fast!!!

And now for a survey:
*How far along?: 23 weeks 5 days

*Total weight gain: 11 lbs

*How big is baby?: About the size of an ear of corn, about a foot long

*Sleep?: Wake up roughly 3 times a night to pee. Sleeping on my side only now which is not the best, but at least I'm sleeping.

*How are you feeling physically?: Heartburn has settled down, which is a-ok by me. Some growing pains here and there, but other than that, I feel fantastic!

*How are you feeling emotionally?: It was a rough week. Lots of tears.

*Best moment this week?: Feeling this sweet boy kick from the outside. Completing our registry!!

*Movement?: Yes, increasing all of the time.

*Food cravings?: I'm starting to love salads again!

*Food aversions?: Still don't want chicken.

*Labor signs?: Nope

*What I miss: Right now, the sun. Totally unrelated to pregnancy, but hey you asked and I haven't seen it lately.

*What I'm looking forward to: June and my slow season!!!

2 comments:

  1. Holey wow! You're feeling movement from the outside? That is so neat! Glad to hear that weight-wise all is good. Sorry about the swelling, I'm sure you're still 100% beautiful. So nice to read these updates! Woooo time is flying mama! Thinking great thoughts for you. *hugs*
    -OCW2010/Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugghhh the heartburn! Never fun but glad its getting better for you! I can't believe you are almost 24 weeks already - time is flying!!! How about some pictures momma? ;)

    ReplyDelete